Vacuum arc skull furnace “DVL-200DM” is based on popular plants “833-DM”, “DVL-200M” and designed for melting titanium alloys and subsequent casting in molds up to 200 kg by the method of consumable electrode.
During the melting, electrode has a negative electric charge, and the skull crucible is positive.
Furnace is for stationary casting usinge different molds.
Furnace consists of the following major mechanical components:
- Vacuum chamber is made of stainless steel for better vacuum conditions.
- Electrode and electrode feed system sections, including an electromechanical actuator for arc length accurately maintain.
- Pneumatic device for rapid lifting of the electrode before crucible tipping and the power supply (stock).
- Centrifugal table in a vacuum chamber for molds installation.
- Vacuum system.
- Electrical equipment.
- Pneumatic system.
- Computer control system ensure process control, visualization and archiving of the operating parameters.